Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Cast Your Vote Today and Every Day!


I recently watched the documentary film "I AM" and I loved it!  I was particularly fond of the footage on the birds who flock together and travel around in formation through the sky.   This is one of my most favorite things to witness in nature.  I often get to see them while commuting which always makes the drive worthwhile.

In the documentary, Shadyac mentions that each bird in the formation is casting their vote in every moment to continue along with the rest of the formation.  It is their choice in each moment to continue on or to part ways.  

I remember this also from the documentary film "Winged Migration" in 2001 that some actually do choose to part ways.  After parting ways, some have a heck of a time finding their way, while others seem to have discovered new groups to hang out with, or better climate conditions and shorter migration distances.

"We cast a vote each day by what we do and don't do." [Shadyac, I AM]  I'd even go as far as to say we are casting a vote in each and every moment.

So I invite you to consider this week, the vote you cast in every moment as your personal choice on how to live your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Awesome With A Chance Of Bliss

Breaking news...this just in: Today's forecast is awesome with a 100% chance of bliss! Don't forget to bring your smile with y...